Thursday 9 November 2017

Charlie 100Wc T4W4



Pompeii Italy, 24 August, 79 AD

It came through the cracked stone and under the door. The black mass swirled around before settling on the floor. It didn’t stop, for days on end. Meanwhile Mt. Vesuvius still rumbled in the background. The ash had piled up to my knees when it started. I even saw the gas spread into the room. I happened to all of us at the same time. Suddenly I couldn't breathe even though I was inhaling air. The pain took hold One second… Two … then nothing.

I wake up shocked, there's no pain, even though I thought I was dead. I look at my hands and….. I can see right through them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlie,
    Thank you so much for sharing your writing with us this week, there have been some excellent entries to 100WC #9.
    You have taken a very unique angle to your story and it worked brilliantly - I think you must be a talented writer!
    You have also used some excellent vocabulary to help your readers build pictures in their heads.
    I am going to recommend your entry for the showcase - Good luck!
    Well done! Keep writing and sharing.
    Mrs Tucker (100WC Team)
    Wirral, UK.

    ReplyDelete

I really liked . . . because . . .
I really liked the way you . . .
I enjoyed reading this because . . .
It was especially good when you . . . because . . .

I think you need to . . . because . . .
Next time you write . . .
Think about adding . . .
Have you thought about . . .
To improve your . . . try . . .
Perhaps you could . . .